Monday 23 August 2010

I need to change my facebook!

You know what I hate about facebook, not the fact you can waste hours on it not doing anything, not that it incurigiuge the unhealthy behaviour of stalking, not even that all you information is recording, and sold onto some faceless complany who does God knows with it. What I really hate about facebook is that you have to define the person you are, or atleast you the person you want people to percieve you as in a few select areas.
What books you like, the music you listen to, the films you watch. And ofcoruse all those othere things which you you like, or are a fan of. Such as the cold side of the pillow. Everyone like the cold side of the pillow, it doesn't make you funny or interesting, it just means you had nothing better to do than click a button. For me I haven't really put much effort into my profile, I havent joined pointless groups, as I don't wish to present myself as the kind of person who has nothing better to do. And up until now I haven't really though about what the things I like say about me, as i\I haven't been presenting myself to anyone. I don't really expect people to facebook stalk me, I'm not interesting enough, and if they do, to find out that I haven't made allowences for them. 
But now I'm starting Uni, people who I don't know are adding ,me, and will be judging me on the small peices of info I let through. As I will be them.
So I have to consider what does having Tristram Shandy, and only Tristram Shandy as my favourite book mean. That I don't read as much as I should, probably true, that I can stick with redicualasly complecated books which no one else reads, whilst find the lovely bones difficult to finnish. Definantly.  But then what else could I put down, I think Tristram Shandy is a marvel, and I'm not going to be one of those people who puts down Harry Potter, I'm not going to admit that to people. And I'm sure for what ever person whos quite board is thinking now is, "You've just posted that information on the internet, idiot!"
Yes I have, but this is my blog and no one reads my blog so I should be alright.
And I'm not going to be one of those people who put down Romeo and Julliet, in there list of books, one because I havn't read it. But even if I had and really loved it I still wouldn't. For the main reason that it makes you think your appearing well read, whilst to the rest of the world, your blatently not that well read, but just a cliche. Your probably a girl as well to be honest.
As for music and films I don't even think I have anything in those sections, but then what are people going to think when they see that. That I don't like music, or films, or didn't want clissify myself in these tiny criteria. 
I mean I love Sufjan Stevens, I think hes a genius, and right this second I'm really into Jeffrey Lewis. But I don't want to listen to them all the time. When I'm pissed off I'm in the mood for Prodigy, or the Epoxies. And I'll even admit, that on my Ipod, I do have one, just one to make clear James Blunt song. It was illegally downloaded, but I did like the song enough to do this. I wouldn't put this on my facebook however as it would make you appear as if you were a cunt. And the most comprehensive collection of one artist on my Ipod would either be Blur, or Placebo.
Now seriously what does this all say about me. That I have a really weird taste, or that I'm unable to make a selection between the good and the bad and instead seem to like pretty much everything.
What I don't want to appear is immature however, althogh think I could well. As I discoverd lst week, that all the applications game things which everyone had like 4 years ago when they first joined facebook, can be found under boxes now. O never even knew those where there, but if someone jugdes me on that I'M screwed, as its just my lazyness which leaves them remaining. Not the love of fighting other Ninjas.
With my utter lazyness I feel my first day at uni could be interesting, no will know what books I like or the music or films I watch. They'll think that I download stupid applications, and obviously love playing shitty games, and when they look at my quote they'll notice one from Fidal Castro. And I think even Stallin. Not because I agree but instead when I was doing a project on communism I becames mesmorised by the wordsmithery used to think that combination of words up.
So don't judge me on my facebook profile, it isn't really me, I just don't pay enough attention to it to do anything, so I don't appear weird in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment