Thursday 12 August 2010

I'm in Krakow

I'm sorry I know this is meant to be an art blog, its just really difficult whilst your traveling to do that as I don't have photoshop, or a camera with battery, or a scanner.
Not that I've actually been doing anything art related in anyway.
But seeing as this is a little bit of contact with the outside world, even if no one reads my blog as I only have 10 followers, and defiantly no one comments on it, its still fun to write.
And I'm now in Poland, on my own, as my friend went home which is pretty fucking scary for me now. I mean what do I do. I need to just meet people, but currently in the hostel I'm staying in it seems to be over run by this group who don't seem to speak english, which means, yer even if they wanted to talk to me, which I don't think they do they can't.


Anyway the reason I'm writing this, see that paragraph above kind of up lifting, this bit not so much.
Tomorrow I'm going to go to Auschwitz I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest, I'm not even sure that I should go, is that the ultimate in bad taste voyeurism, Or a reminder of the monsters that human beings can be. I really don't know, but I think this could well be a terrible decision. Do we need to reminded of terrible atrocities, or is it something much more disturbing than that. Is it part of human nature to want to be reminded of the appalling acts, of one beings power over another. Whilst we know its wrong we can't help but want to know more.
Like I said I'm really not sure why I'm going. The smallest questions become colossal, when you know what you going to see. I mean what do you even wear for something like that. I know, thats an appalling question to even comprehend, but surely flip-fops would just be incredibly insensitive, there in you beach clothes whilst you looking at where thousands of people were executed.
Seriously why am I doing this. What wrong with me to want to go there, or is it just part of the human condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment